Then I scorched my first batch of cream while making the ganache to ice the cake with. After the do-over, I got them iced and let them set overnight to firm up.
From there I just added the swags and the flowers I had made the night before. The cake no longer had a musical theme, but a gal has to do what a gal has to do. The customer loved it, so all is well that ends well.
The filigree type flowers were made with cutters available here:
The trumpet like flowers were made with this petunia set:
The 2 white blossom flowers were made with the all in one rose cutter:
And I used various buttons from this mold for some of the flower centers: