Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Michigan Classes this weekend!


Yes, I am once again going to the frigid North to teach. This thin skinned Southern girl is going to have her pansy ass kicked by the cold too! Tomorrow I am going to K mart to buy thermal long johns to wear under my jeans. No seriously. I am. I can't handle the cold! But I digress.

The Mid Michigan Sugar Artists have been kind enough to invite me to their day of sharing In Okemos, MI and to stay on to teach a 2 day class. Sunday Feb 22 I will be teaching a 3 hour mini class . We will be doing a gift package cake start to finish. Then I have a demo later in the day on fondant covered boards. There are other great classes and demos scheduled, but to be honest I only paid attention to the things that pertained to me. SO, go here to get all the great info:



And if that is not enough Sugarshack for you, come to Jackson, MI on Feb 23 and 24 for my two day Topsy Turvy class at the Cake Connection. I will be teaching the cake below. Most of the supplies and lunch is provided both days, plus a few fun surprises. It is not too late to sign up, so check out the links for registration info. I would love to see you if you can join us!


And if you do join us, please bring me coffee. Hot coffee. With cream and equal. Make sure it's hot. Dear Lord what have I gotten myself into?

Hope to see you there!

Sharon

http://www.sugaredproductions.com/


13 comments:

Suzycakes said...

Hey Sharon -- forget the thermal underwear and go get some CuddleDuds!! They are awesome, comfortable and keep you so warm! You will love them and will wear them any time you travel any further north than Arkansas!!LOL!!

Have a great class!

Suzycakes

Janice Mary said...

You do mean caffeine-free hot coffee, don't you, Sharon?

SugarEd Productions said...

Yes, Janice I do. Now bring me some. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like loads of fun! I love that cake...so I know everyone will enjoy the class.

Enjoy and be safe!

Snooky doodle said...

pity I m so far away I would have attended these classes :)

BakersBoy said...

Poor Mommy, leaving for the exact time I'm coming home to go freeze herself up north. Good Luck! Love you!

Scarlett Wishes said...

R u kidding? uhh! I just took an order for this cake and am thinking to myself... what did I get myself into! I would take the class, but am in FL.... and have no money because I spend it on your DVDs (plus im in college so no matter what I have no money..) but $225 is a steal for you!

The cake is basically the same...Not as many flowers but could I bug you with the following:

Did you use the patunia cutters for the green flowers on the side?

Did you use a mini rose mold for the patunia (am i spelling that right?) centers?

What mm oval bead mold size did you use? If so do you sell it on your site?

What kind of cutters do you use for the big white flower on the side?

Is this cake BC with fondant accents or all Fondant (gp)? I can never tell with you because both are so flawless...

For the rope swag, do you twist ropes together from your extrusion gun or do you use a silicone mold?

Come to FL! I will be the first to sign up....

Anonymous said...

Sharon - Have fun in Michigan! It's snowing but now so cold here in Montreal! You are so talented - I was thinking - could your next dvd be for Sugar flowers - including your petunias? I'd love to learn how to make them!

Julie Reid said...

Hey Sharon,

I placed an order for the Bows DVD and have decided to get a couple of other tools. Would you be able to ship them together. Sorry for asking this here but I'm not finding an email link on the Productions site. Thanks

Scarlett Wishes said...

nevermind sharon! I found the correct blog post thanks to a CCer ( i though you meant the black, red and gold cake.. not this one) and I think I have all my questions answered... tho now i gotta buy more stuff :D

MissLisa said...

Being one of the lucky ones to have been at the Mid Michigan Sugar Artist Day of Sharing this past Sunday I am here to tell you, Sharon is the best! What a riot! We all had such a good time and the things we learned.....Oh My! All I can say is, if you ever get the opportunity to take a class from Sharon put it on the top of your priority list!

Thanks for a GREAT CLASS Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Hey, after your done, how about coming to Nicholas Lodge in GA?

SugarEd Productions said...

Thanks Miss Lisa! It was MY honor to meet you and all the other gals. I had so much fun in those 3 days it should be illegal!

BakersBoy, I missed you TONS! MWAH