Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back from Ultimate Cake Off!




Well, we made it back in one piece! What a wild ride that was! My awesome team and I just got back from filming our episode of TLC's Ultimate Cake Off show.



I have to admit that the whole experience was more involved and harder than I expected. From planning and preparing, to the actual contest itself, it was all consuming for a while. But we made it through, and it was an experience I will never forget. I am not allowed to say anything about our episode until it airs on March 8 at 10 PM eastern. I promise you it will be a great show, so be sure to tune it.



Here are a few behind the scenes pics from our trip that I can share with you now:





Thawing the cakes in our hotel room the night before the show.





It rained the whole time we were in LA and was rather chilly. Very unusual weather for that area. It was very humid in our hotel room the whole time we were there. You can see how much condensation we had on the inside of our room window. Later on I can share with you how this had an impact on our contest day.




Me, my wonderful Wendy, and Becky discussing last minute strategy right before we started.




My incredible team! Wendy, Adele and Becky. There is no possible way I could have pulled this off without them. This was truly a team effort. I hope that this season they feature the assistants more and give them proper credit for all they do.





We were SO happy to be done! It was a wild ride for sure. And look at how dirty we are! Yes, our pants too. There was some serious floor to leg contact going on for sure! You gotta do what you gotta do!




I was so tired at the end of the day, the girls had to wheel me up to the hotel room on a baggage cart.




On the way back to the airport. Very tired gals.



Be sure to tune in on March 8th at 10PM eastern on TLC. It will be a very entertaining episode for sure!


After it airs I can post more pictures and fill you in on all the juicy details!


Now that I am back to my real life, I am working full force on getting the sheet cake DVD ready for sale within the next few weeks. We hope to launch the new website at the same time too.


Thank you all for your patience, support and encouragement during my many adventures. You guys are the best! Now I am off to take down my Christmas tree.... yes, it really is still up. :)


Sharon

17 comments:

Unknown said...

It seams it's going to be a fun-wonderful SHOW !!!I am in Europe...so can not see it ;O( PLEASE make sure you have a video so we can all see it ...!!PLEASE :O) THANK YOU
PS:Can't wait for the new DvD !!!

Gayla said...

Sharon,

I cannot wait to see the show, please post a reminder as to the exact date and time. Looks like ya'll had tons of fun in the midst of a ton of work, can't wait.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Gayla

Janel said...

You KNOW how excited I am to see you compete again!!

So glad that all your travels were safe and that you are back home and working on my DVD! hehe!!

Kanga said...

Oh, I can't wait to watch this episode! Marking my calendar!!! *smile*

Julie Reid said...

You poor girl!! Looks like it is time for a serious Vacation!!

Got the DVR set and ready to go!! Can't wait to see it!

Get some rest!!

Nancy Smith said...

Can't wait!!! Send a reminder!!

kdodgen said...

Sharon,

Welcome back! I can't wait for the show to air and I know that you and your team had the best cake ever. All your cakes are wonderful.

Kim

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!!! I'm so glad you had this opportunity. You certainly have paid your dues long enough! We've always known you were the best...now the rest of the world will know it! Love ya, Sweetie!

June Cooper said...

So looking forward to seeing it Sharon! I know you were all amazing. Thank you aslo for sharing those pics, I feel part of your experiences because you describe everything so well & share pictures with us. Bless you.

Adele said...

TEAMBITO ROCKS!!!
(cough cough, I mean, if I do say so myself)

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun!! I'm so excited!

Cheryl Lange said...

Can't wait to watch and you really deserve a break buuut I can't wait for the new sheetcake dvd. So get busy!! HAA!

Teralyn Smith said...

Super excited to see the show!! I really can't wait for the new DVD - how is it coming? And do you have a release date yet?
;-)

Starting a cake business said...

Yum! If you want to learn more about starting a cake business, then you are going to want to check out this great book written by Karen Armstrong called "Starting a Cake Business" - available on Amazon.

http://startingacakebusiness.com/

Debbie said...

I'll be tuning in for your Ultimate Cake Off for SURE! That's my new favorite show. My hubby and I saw you on another episode as well (only you weren't the leader). We caught a glimpse and he said, "wait... was that Sharon Zambito?" I was pretty impressed he caught it considering we've only ever seen you in your DVD productions. Well, good luck in it and you've got fans cheering for you. :)

David said...

Sharon, i saw the ultimate cake off episode you and your team participated in. Your Creation was flawless and beautiful. Nice to see a cake well done for a change in these cake programs. Sometimes it seems it's more important to make a silly cake than one that is perfectly executed. Congratulations !

Alma Pieters said...

Hi Sharon
I am so sorry to hear that some people are being so nasty about the TV show. Unfortunatley we cannot see any of the cake shows. I would just like to say that I think your DvDs are wonderful. I have learnt SO much from you. I think you are an excellent teacher and I just love your bubbly personality. Dont let anybody cramp your style. Your DvDs are being enjoyed throughout the world.
Thanks again
Alma from South Africa.